[h-e-w] Re: gnuserv maintenance

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: gnuserv maintenance
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:45:04 +0200

Hi Allen,

"Windhorn, Allen, E. [LS/MKT]" writes:
> Excellent!  What about the bug that afflicts my machine (Windows
> 2000), so that when I "start" a text file, it brings up a new copy
> of Emacs, which then complains that it wasn't given a proper file?

Sounds exactly what I expect to happen when a personal firewall kicks
in or some other factor that prevents the TCP connection.  Gnuclient
can't connect, thinks there is no Emacs running yet, starts a new
instance, than fails to communicate the filename because communication
with the new process is blocked just like with the old process.

> (The mailslot version works.)

benny