RE: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance

From: Dalton, Barnaby
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] gnuserv maintenance
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:51:56 +0100

> >I plan on making the following changes:
> >
> >(1) Update the sources to build on Visual Studio .NET.
> >

> I think this is counter-productive. Microsoft's compilers seem to be
> getting more and more proprietary, pushing you towards .NET
> rather than
> Posix C.  A better idea would be to update it to build on the GNU
> compilers from MingW32 and Cygwin.

Visual C++ .NET is far more (C++) standards compliant than MSVC6 so if you
have to stick with a Microsoft compiler .NET would be a much better one to
choose.

Barney

address@hidden

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses known at the time of sending.

www.radioscape.com