RE: [h-e-w] cygwin setup guide

From: David Starks-Browning
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] cygwin setup guide
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 11:03:53 +0100

On Thursday 23 May 02, Dalton, Barnaby writes:

> It would be nice if the emacs FAQ for windows said the same thing.
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/windows/faq7.html#shell-bash
> or maybe it should just link to the cygwin FAQ so that the information
> doesn't have to be maintained in two places.

Steve inherited old information for this entry, and there are some
discrepencies from what I have in the Cygwin FAQ.  I offered to check
through the differences and tell Steve what really belonged there.  I
never got around to it.  So it's really my fault that Steve's entry is
out of date.  I don't think Steve is in a position to check the
details himself.

If I can find the time I'll review this again and hopefully both FAQ
entries will be in better shape.

Unfortunately I haven't got stable references in the Cygwin FAQ so
it's a very bad idea for Steve to link directly to the Cygwin FAQ
entry.  If he wants to link to the top of the Cygwin FAQ at
<http://cygwin.com/faq/>, that's the best he can do right now.  Sorry.

Regards,
David
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)