[h-e-w] Controlling coding system for new files?

From: Ulf Andersson
Subject: [h-e-w] Controlling coding system for new files?
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 19:27:21 +0200

Hello.

I have trouble with the creation of new files. I have this line
in my .emacs file:

   (modify-coding-system-alist 'file "\\`u:" 'iso-8859-1-unix)

and old files seem to get the right coding system. New files
does not. All new files get the -dos end of line encoding.

The default coding system is iso-8859-1-dos.

The u: drive is mapped to a UNIX file system.

What have I done wrong?

Thanks.

  /Ulf A.