[h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?

From: Paul Kinnucan
Subject: [h-e-w] Re: Gnus, anyone?
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 02:27:05 -0500

Jason Rumney writes:
 > Paul Kinnucan <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > > I'm a bit further down this path than you. I tried the gnus for news
 > > and email route and hated it almost instantly.
 >
 > Almost instantly is not sufficiently long to accustom yourself to
 > Gnus :-)

I've been using Gnus off-and-on for more than 10 years. I was
referring to its mail function, which does not support two features
that I need, folders and leave-on-server.

 > > There are a few tricks to using vm on Windows, including compiling
 > > the base64 encoder/decoder program that comes with the vm
 > > distribution.
 >
 > What is so wrong with the built in base64 support that VM needs to
 > reinvent it?

The qp and base64 encoder/decoder programs that come with vm are
written in c as opposed to Lisp. The compiled executables run much
faster than the Lisp.

- Paul