help-debbugs

Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 19:22:39 -0400

Bob Proulx wrote:

> I have extracted the messages that I think are the missing messages.

Thanks very much, comments sent off-list.

> What user needs to run the /usr/lib/debbugs/receive as?

As "Debian-debbugs".

Although to be honest, I used to run it as root, then immediately do

chown Debian-debbugs:Debian-debbugs /var/lib/debbugs/spool/incoming/*

>   /home/rwp/missing-messages/new/1585512393.2152_599.madness
>
> Should we try this?

Sure, that is good one to use as a test.

I noticed all files seem to be missing the leading envelope "From " line.
Those are needed. See eg /var/lib/mailman/not-spam for examples of how
the input files should look.

After fixing that, run receive on it, and see if a file appears in
/var/lib/debbugs/spool/incoming/

Then after a minute or so, a regular debbugs job should automatically
operate on that incoming/ file and remove it. You should then see a new
bug report has been created. We can delete it later (I like to wait for
the next bug report to be created).

If it works then please go ahead and operate on all the messages
(looks like there are no ###-reopen ones included there).