help-debbugs

Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Mail processing problem on debbugs?
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 12:19:19 -0600

Glenn Morris wrote:
> That was a new one. How it is supposed to work:

Thank you for the explanation.  Very useful information.

> All incoming mails are passed to the debbugs-submit mailman list for
> moderation (if needed), then (if accepted) sent on to the real
> debbugs-submit address.
>
> The mails were still going to mailman, being moderated, and appearing in
> the mailman archive. But they were not getting to debbugs.

Hmm...  It looks like the mbox file for that starts in 2009 and is the
full archive continuously since then to the present day.

  -rw-rw-r-- 1 list list 2.3G Mar 29 13:57
debbugs-submit.mbox/debbugs-submit.mbox

But that is a different thing to look into at some point.

> 3) what to do about the mails that are in the mailman archive, but were
> not sent on to debbugs. I guesstimate it is about 100 mails.
> With some effort, they could be manually injected into debbugs.

I think we should inject them into debbugs.  Is that large
debbugs-submit.mbox the best pristine source for the email?  If so
then I can split out the recent messages that were after the "Mar 28
11:37" timestamp when things seem to have been stopped.  Or if there
is a better way to identify the last processed message and the first
unprocessed message?  And also the first message that is now being
processed.  So that a range of messages can be extracted.

Bob