guix-devel

Re: Arun Isaac Presentation on guix-forge this Saturday

From: Arun Isaac
Subject: Re: Arun Isaac Presentation on guix-forge this Saturday
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 00:24:37 +0530

Hi Olivier,

> Quick question about guix-forge.  Why laminar instead of cuirass as
> the CI?

Two reasons:

- Cuirass requires a PostgreSQL database, but I wanted guix-forge to be
  as stateless as possible and definitely not require a complex database
  server like PostgreSQL. Laminar just uses sqlite.

- Laminar is very minimal and easy to deploy. Long back when I tried
  cuirass, I couldn't really figure out how to run it for general
  purpose CI. Maybe, the manual has improved since then, but I haven't
  checked.

Cheers!
Arun