guix-devel

Re: Multiple profiles with Guix Home

From: Liliana Marie Prikler
Subject: Re: Multiple profiles with Guix Home
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 22:27:45 +0200

Am Donnerstag, dem 05.05.2022 um 22:14 +0200 schrieb Maxime Devos:
> Liliana Marie Prikler schreef op do 05-05-2022 om 20:24 [+0200]:
> > > GUIX_LOCPATH [note: I corrected this now]
> > Does this affect applications other than Guix itself?
>
> Yes, every glibc-using package.  It's where glibc looks for glibc
> locales.
Fair enough, but we still only need one of that, which is where glibc-
locales is installed.  Any profile will do here.  In fact, IIRC this
only affects foreign distros even, and afaik does not have anything to
do with other i18n, so for instance if you run a command that's not
already in your profile and it uses gettext, that command should
already be set up to work correctly.

Case in point: `guix shell recutils -- recsel --help' prints help in
German on my end.