guix-devel

Re: Multiple profiles with Guix Home

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Multiple profiles with Guix Home
Date: Thu, 05 May 2022 20:25:26 +0200

On Thu, 05 May 2022 at 18:31, Liliana Marie Prikler <liliana.prikler@gmail.com>
wrote:

>                                                         For small n,
> O(n) = O(1).

I guess, you meant that, for small n, the time of O(n) is dominated by
the constant.

Note that, obviously, the real time depends also on the constant hidden
by O notation.  Other said, depending on the range for n, an algorithm
of complexity O(n^2), or worse, can be faster (time) than another
algorithm of complexity O(1).  However, the scaling-up will be
different, obviously. :-)

Without concrete timings about Guix profiles, I would avoid to speak
about complexity. ;-) I bet that for most cases about profiles, the
concrete real time is dominated by the constants (I/O).

Cheers,
simon