guix-devel

Re: Update to bug 54919 gone missing

From: Brian Cully
Subject: Re: Update to bug 54919 gone missing
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 08:44:43 -0400

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <me@tobias.gr> writes:

> We don't have easy access to lower-level logs. Do you? You look like you
> might self-host.
>
> Armed with a log snippet from you with a clear 250 'accepted' I'd feel less
> bothersome asking the gnu.org folks to investigate.

        You know, I hadn’t even thought to check my mail queue. I can’t
remember the last time I had a delivery problem (or maybe I’ve been
having them the whole time and just not noticed 😉).

        I have my mail server set to require TLS, but it looks as though
debbugs.gnu.org doesn’t support it:

---[snip]---
Apr 16 08:26:10 mx0 postfix/smtp[68543]: 347053CCD: to=<54919@debbugs.gnu.org>,
relay=debbugs.gnu.org[209.51.188.43]:25, delay=78497, delays=78497/0.06/0.27/0,
dsn=4.7.4, status=deferred (TLS is required, but was not offered by host
debbugs.gnu.org[209.51.188.43])
---[snip]---

        This wasn’t an issue for other reports, as I used the
bug-guix@gnu.org address, and eggs.gnu.org offers STARTTLS after the
EHLO.

        I’m not sure what to do here. I’m kind of loathe to remove the
TLS mandate on my server, and it seems to me like the debbugs MX should
offer it for all the standard reasons.

> Thanks for reporting both!

        Thanks for prodding me to dig further on my end. I honestly
thought the mail just disappeared.

-bjc