guix-devel

go libraries do not work in a guix shell

From: jgart
Subject: go libraries do not work in a guix shell
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 12:04:21 -0400

Hi Guixers,

go libraries do not work in a guix shell.

Some user experience reports:

2022-04-13 23:40:32 <char[m]>   Go works in guix shell, but you have to add
other stuff like glibc and I think binutils

http://litterbox.whereis.みんな/scooper/events?network=Libera.Chat&context=%23whereiseveryone&before=2022-04-13T23%3A44%3A15#4030

This is what I tried without success:

guix shell go go-github-com-dchest-captcha go-github-com-matryer-is
go-github-com-mattn-go-sqlite3 sqlite --pure -L ~/guixrus

Once in the shell, the go compiler would complain of not finding the libraries.

How should we start investigating this?

My ideal experience with go libraries would be the same as for python, haskell,
common lisp, guile, etc...

all best,

jgart