guix-devel

Re: Guix wiki

From: Matt
Subject: Re: Guix wiki
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 21:52:46 -0500

 ---- On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 10:17:43 -0500 Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net>
wrote ----

 > Matt <matt@excalamus.com> writes:
 >
 > > To me, it says something like, we don't actually care about your
 > > contribution: you have to literally buy in first.
 >
 > No, you do not.

I stand corrected.  Luis Felipe kindly pointed out what I had overlooked.

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-01/msg00194.html

 > I see a lot of emotional language here, but the fact is: you can
 > contribute to our documentation by sending your text.  It’s that
 > simple.

I'm sorry if you felt accused. I can see how it might come across that way.  It
would have been better for me to just ask if I was missing something (which I
was).

 > Send an email to guix-devel or guix-patches with a suitable subject so
 > that it doesn’t get lost in a discussion and take it from there.
 >
 > > I feel like it also
 > > says that community isn't important to us.
 >
 > I do not share your interpretation of the situation.

I'm glad because that means we're in agreement now that I see my mistake. :)