guix-devel

Guix Data Service - Outreachy: questions about render-compare/derivation

From: Luciana Lima Brito
Subject: Guix Data Service - Outreachy: questions about render-compare/derivation
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:14:25 -0300

Hello,

I'm lubrito on Guix IRC, the Outreachy applicant.

I'm working on the json output for the render-compare/derivation
procedure (controller.scm).

I would like to know if I am on the right path with what I've
accomplished until now.

The attached .ppm file shows the json I have so far. The json is
showing only the data for the "outputs", but I already got the data for
the rest and I could do the same to them. I am still thinking about how
to make the code cleaner, because the way I'm doing could produce many
redundancies.

I also would like to know if the general structure of the json is
correct or if it should be different. For example, under "outputs" "0"
is denoting base and "1" is denoting target.

The current code for the function is here http://sprunge.us/mKkzX2

--
Best Regards,

Luciana Lima Brito