guix-devel

Re: Guix Data Service - Outreachy: questions about render-compare/deriva

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: Guix Data Service - Outreachy: questions about render-compare/derivation
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 22:06:55 +0100

Luciana Lima Brito <lubrito@posteo.net> writes:

> Just to report my progress and ask some more questions.
> I attached a new image of the json I have by now.

Good good :)

> I still have to find a way to use a proper name instead of the 0 and 1
> of the array. Another thing that I'm still looking into is why the
> "source" field displays the value of the derivations as a name in the
> hierarchy, instead of a string.

It looks like the 0 and 1 thing is only an issue for the outputs and
inputs now, which is good.

As for how the sources end up like that, I think a list with a single
string might end up like that. Maybe try comparing a derivation to
itself (not a very useful query, but it might help generate some new
data to work with).

> All the fields are being displayed in the json, but I don't know all the
> values the fields can assume, so I don't know exactly which tests I
> should do. In the .html file I could see that many more test are
> performed to get the same values I got for the json, so probably I'm
> missing some, I will look into this, however, for all derivations
> comparisons I checked the values seem correct.

Sounds good,

Chris