guix-devel

Re: New “ungrafting” branch

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: New “ungrafting” branch
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 12:29:52 +0100

Hello,

Am Mon, Dec 14, 2020 at 04:00:36PM -0500 schrieb Leo Famulari:
> I agree, it's not a violation of the functional packaging model in a
> strict sense.

if I understand correctly, it remains confusing in a non-strict sense:
grafting is functional, but it is not the same function. Precisely, the
function for grafted packages has more arguments, the original input and the
replacement one. And only one of these arguments is visible in the package
definition, the other one enters through the backdoor (it is declared in
the input itself).

Andreas