guix-devel

Re: Thank you for participating in the Guix Day!

From: raingloom
Subject: Re: Thank you for participating in the Guix Day!
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 23:28:56 +0100

On Tue, 24 Nov 2020 22:53:21 -0500
Leo Famulari <leo@famulari.name> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 09:26:37PM +0100, raingloom wrote:
> > My only issue was that I had to reconnect audio every 3-4 minutes,
> > sometimes having to do a full reload. BBB was nice, but apparently
> > it's still pretty heavy.
>
> Can you say what web browser you were using? Bonus points if you can
> give us the exact version, assuming it's from Guix. And what kind of
> computer did you use?

IceCat, from a recent commit. Couldn't try with Chromium.
version string: 78.4.1-guix0-preview1
store path:
/gnu/store/pzcqndbiwzs1gddlkmsbqalf3r6yfx5d-icecat-78.4.1-guix0-preview1

The hardware has about 4 gigs of RAM, and earlyoom was running, but I
can only see one IceCat related event in its log, but even that might
be unrelated. I can't really tell, because the log has no timestamps.