guix-devel

Re: Thank you for participating in the Guix Day!

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Thank you for participating in the Guix Day!
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 12:52:09 -0500

On Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 02:19:17PM +0100, zimoun wrote:
> Since this historical place would not change* “soon”, first because we
> like it (I speak for myself) and second because it is accommodating,
> ideas to deal with poor network are welcome. :-)

The standard solution is to do cellular network bonding, with something
like a LiveU Solo. These cellular data contracts are given priority over
mobile phones. This is actually preferred over "hard-line" internet in
most cases, because the prioritized network access and bonding increase
reliability by several factors.

It can also be cobbled together "by hand" using Linux's networking tools
(after all, this is what the commercial products use) but that's beyond
my expertise. Maybe by FOSDEM 2022 I'll know how to do that.