guix-devel

Re: Hyperlinks!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Hyperlinks!
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 15:56:22 +0200

Vincent Legoll <address@hidden> skribis:

> I see there are "#index${SOMETHING}" url suffixes,
>
> What about adding anchors like on:
>
> https://docs.python.org/3/library/functions.html#eval

There are already anchors, but they look like #index-procedure.

> when you mouse-over the function name line, a

I’m not sure how to do that.  Isn’t there some JavaScript involved?

> I often want to give pointers to specific parts of the
> doc, and did not know about the #index thing (or
> maybe it is just being introduced). I think a visual
> thing like in the python doc would be nice to add...
>
> Should I create an issue about this ?

Sure, if you want.

The bottom line is that this is all very much a hack: we’re
post-processing generated HTML that we have no control over.
Longer-term, it would be nicer to use Guile’s stexi modules all along
with tight control over the generated HTML.

Thanks,
Ludo’.