guix-devel

Re: Hyperlinks!

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Hyperlinks!
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 12:34:12 +0200

Hi,

"pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <address@hidden> skribis:

> https://guix.gnu.org/manual-devel/

I’m surprised this URL works; should be
<https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/>.

> currently contains new stuff like the earlyoom service , while
>
> https://guix.gnu.org/manual/
>
> does not.  I do not know what the plan for these is though.

/manual refers to the latest release.  This is so that the information
corresponds to the release that people download (in particular the
installation instructions).

Note that every time you run “guix pull”, you fetch an up-to-date copy
of the manual that can be browsed with ‘info’ or Emacs.  That’s still
the best way to ensure you’re reading a manual that corresponds to the
Guix you have.

Ludo’.