guix-devel

Re: Adding a %desktop-packages

From: Brice Waegeneire
Subject: Re: Adding a %desktop-packages
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 08:04:12 +0000

Hello John,

On 2020-04-04 00:22, John Soo wrote:
I raised the idea of providing smaller lists of packages that might go
well together instead of one large %desktop-packages. One reason to do
this, for instance, might be to not make someone who wants to use btrfs
always import the ext4 packages. Or not lock someone into using nettools
if they are using iproute2, etc.

Regarding the file-system utils packages I'm working on a patch adding them to the system profile based on the type of file-system defined. So, in the end, `e2fsprogs`, `btrfs-progs` and such will be removed from %base-packages.

Also I've just submitted a patch[0] to split %base-packages as we talked
about on IRC a couple of weeks ago.

[0]: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=40423

- Brice