guix-devel

Re: TeX Live 2019 wanted

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: TeX Live 2019 wanted
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 13:13:46 +0100

Hey Marius,

> Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I'll look into updating the remaining texlive packages shortly.
>
> Now this was some rocket science...
>
> The attached 9 patches updates everything (I think) to 2019.3.

This looks great!

It’s odd that they removed the few remaining scripts for generating
hyphenation patterns and replaced them with the output files, but it
sure simplifies some of these package definitions.

> The only regression I found from 'master' was that "discrover" fails to
> find math fonts during the build process.

Hmm, that’s a little worrying.  I spent much more time than I think is
reasonable to work on The Font Problem in LaTeX.  This really shouldn’t
break.  I’m willing to investigate this, but it would be easier if we
had a branch for this upgrade and had ci.guix.gnu.org build it all.
I don’t want to build all these things on my laptop again.

--
Ricardo