guix-devel

Re: TeX Live 2019 wanted

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: TeX Live 2019 wanted
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 11:13:36 +0100

Marius Bakke <address@hidden> writes:

> I get a similar error for 'asymptote' on the current master branch, but
> that seems to be sporadically working on Berlin?
>
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/search?query=system%3Ax86_64-linux+asymptote

Yes, this issue has been around for about a year now.  I can't explain
why this _sometimes_ works.  I've never succeeded in building Asymptote
on my machine.  Currently our LaTeX package cannot compile a document
with a "tabular" entry, which is what fails when building Asymptote's
documentation.

> I think I'll "punt" on that issue for now.  Pierre, if you ever wanted
> to figure out the TeX Live font stuff, now is a good time!  ;-)

Which font stuff in particular?  It sounds like we've got multiple
issues.  What I wanted to work on is packaging all the texlive packages
according to the tlpdb (the TexLive package database).  This should fix
the broken packages.  Not sure if there is something else wrong with the fonts.

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/