guix-devel

Re: TeX Live 2019 wanted

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: TeX Live 2019 wanted
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 15:49:57 +0100

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Bug 33094 refers to this issue.
>
> There is no bug specifically about LaTeX, but LaTeX on Guix has been
> broken for a year or so.  I think it was only discussed informally on
> guix-devel.

I’ve worked to fix incomplete packages some time ago.  That’s why I
extended svn-fetch to accept multiple locations inside of an SVN
repository, because TeX Live packages often are made up of files from
various places in the repository.

I also worked on the profile hook and the texlive-union procedure, which
fixed a bunch of problems.

I don’t think it’s “been broken for a year”.  I’m still using it without
problems.  I really think that the problem with LaTeX is overstated and
it would be easier to fix individual problems if they had bug reports.

I might take a look at 33094 later, but I wouldn’t mind at all if
someone else did the work.

--
Ricardo