guix-devel

Re: Collect guix profiles in single directory.

From: Alex Griffin
Subject: Re: Collect guix profiles in single directory.
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 20:07:14 +0000

I like the idea of collecting guix profiles in one place, and I also like the
suggestion to not put it right in $HOME. However, I don't think profiles belong
in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME, for the simple reason that they are not configuration. If
you really want to follow the xdg basedir spec, they would go in $XDG_DATA_HOME
(~/.local/share). Personally, I already keep my profiles in ~/.local/guix,
which fits my brain well but is not xdg compliant either.

--
Alex Griffin