guix-devel

Re: qtwenengine anybody?

From: mike . rosset
Subject: Re: qtwenengine anybody?
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 08:10:12 -0800

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 02.01.20 um 21:24 schrieb address@hidden:
>> Apologies this is probably a failure in my ML workflow. And just my luck
>> I'm in the process of doing some working related moving todoy. Here is a
>> complete diff
>> https://gitlab.com/mike.rosset/guix/compare/master...qtwebengine hope
>> this helps.
>
> Many thanks, this is quite helpful.
>
> For me it looks okay except of two minor points:
>
> - The description should contain at least a brief note about Qt patched
> the embedded chromium to (partially) un-google it. If you know details,
> this would be great. This of course could be enhanced later, since
> changing the description does not force a rebuild of he package.
>
> - Please still honor Ricardo's remark about DRM and phoning home.

Hello Hartmut,

I've upgraded the description field as request see attached. And CC to
address@hidden

I've also addressed in depth some Ricardo's concerns.

More then likely you will have problems applying this with git am
again. This final declaration though based on my original
submission. Was moved manually out and back in again. So there is
probably inconsequential git history missing. I could create a new bug
report maybe? Or you can still use the complete diff from
https://gitlab.com/mike.rosset/guix/compare/master...qtwebengine

Mike