guix-devel

Re: qtwenengine anybody?

From: mike . rosset
Subject: Re: qtwenengine anybody?
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 09:09:33 -0800

Hartmut Goebel <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 16.12.19 um 16:45 schrieb address@hidden:
>> The problem is also not readily obvious until you
>> try to use qtwebengine in a library or a program. Which will causes
>> locale and translation path issues.
>
> If the only issue with qtwebengine are locale and translation, I suggest
> to accept these for now. IMHO we need to attract more users (and
> developers) for guix, fir which we need more packages.  And missing
> qtwebengine blocks some KDE applications form getting build for guix.

IMHO the locale, translation would be a blocker still. Because it will
cause programs to fail. It's not just a locale/translation warning.

I'm currently brushing up my latest qtwebengine build. Will resubmit
this patch. I will also see if I can inherit qtsvg again to put this
back on par with other module packages. From there I'll put a simple
test example together demonstrating the locale and translation problem.

Mike