guix-devel

Re: Feedback from JRES in Dijon

From: Konrad Hinsen
Subject: Re: Feedback from JRES in Dijon
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2019 06:23:45 +0100

Hi Bengt,

> BTW3, Konrad,
> That was a nice presentation -- are the tools you used to prepare it and
> present it
> available as libre packages? (I'm not insisting you answer ;-)

That's LaTeX with the Beamer package, plus Inkscape for the graphics.
It's all in Guix.

A bit of history: for many years I used Apple's Keynote software for my
presentations. Until I discovered one day that I couldn't open my old
presentations any more. Apple had changed the format a few times, and
then quietly dropped support for the older formats. And the older
software versions that could read the old presentations were no longer
available.

So now it's LibreOffice for short quick-and-dirty slide hacking, and
LaTeX with Beamer for everything else.

Cheers,
  Konrad.