guix-devel

Re: Feedback from JRES in Dijon

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: Feedback from JRES in Dijon
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2019 11:35:02 -0500

Hello,

>>> https://webcast.in2p3.fr/video/les-enjeux-et-defis-de-la-recherche-reproductible
>>> https://aramis.resinfo.org/wiki/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=pleniaires:aramis_keynote_enjeux-et-defis-recherche-reproductible_konrad_hinsen.pdf
>>>

>> Is [1] available as a libre video download?
>
> No idea. I can answer most questions about the content since I am the
> speaker, but I was not involved with recording and publishing.

I was able to play it on Guix System with VLC.  The following URL uses
“MPEG-DASH” for streaming, and VLC understands that.

https://ccwebcast.in2p3.fr/vod/_definst_/mp4:media/5c/e6/5ce6537209640/5ce6537209640.mp4/manifest.mpd

Unfortunately, I got certificate errors, but VLC lets you temporarily
ignore those.

HTH!

(Thanks Konrad!  I’m looking forward to watching it later.)

-- Tim