guix-devel

Re: Cuirass enhancements

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: Cuirass enhancements
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 00:08:23 +0200

On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 21:49:50 +0200
Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:

> Danny Milosavljevic <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 19:50:25 +0200
> > Björn Höfling <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> * I would like to know that I'm on page k/n.
> >
> > That web interface is a frontend to a dynamically changing database
> > (and a quickly changing database at that).
> >
> > What would "page" even mean there?
>
> Since real constant pages are impossible (or can only be approximated)
> I’d like to know just how far to the beginning or end I am.
>
> It doesn’t need to be a number.  If it was just a line at the bottom
> with a marker near the beginning, the middle, or the end, and
> adjusting its position as I go to the next or previous page I’d
> already be happy.

You are right Danny, I haven't considered the fact that content changes
(at least for the not yet finished evaluations). I like Ricardo's idea:
I don't care about being exaclty on page 23/204. I just want some
notion of where I am: At the beginning, the end, or roughly somewhere
in between.

Still I like the greyed-out buttons to know that I'm really at the
beginning/end, and that the buttons are consistent.

Björn