guix-devel

Re: Packaging CDEmu and VHBA kernel module

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Packaging CDEmu and VHBA kernel module
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2019 15:03:17 -0700

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> That said, CDEmu does not work for me.  That daemon starts, the VHBA
> module gets loaded, but when I mount something nothing happens.
>
> Anyone?

I wish I could offer advice, but I'm afraid I've never used these
before, and I'm working on some other things that are taking up my time
at the moment.  If I get around to playing with this, I'll let you know.

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> Does anyone have a hardware DVD/CD-ROM reader working with Guix?

I'm not sure if this counts, but: I have successfully used an external
DVD drive, connected to my computer with a USB cable.  When I do that,
it is accessible via both /dev/sr0 and /dev/cdrom, and GNOME (or
something else I don't know about) automatically sees it and mounts it
when I insert a DVD containing files.

--
Chris