guix-devel

Re: Packaging CDEmu and VHBA kernel module

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: Packaging CDEmu and VHBA kernel module
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 20:06:14 -0700

Hi Pierre and Danny,

Apologies for my late reply.

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> I've sent a patch: address@hidden.

I read through that, and I see that not only did you add vhba, but Danny
provided a generic linux-module-build-system that can build out-of-tree
modules like vhba.  Wow!  I checked it out, and it seems great.

On other distros, it always seemed like this sort of thing was easier.
It's great to see yet another example of how to hack on your system
using Guix.  What once was hard is now easier.  What I really like is
that by examining the Guile scheme source code, one can see how all the
pieces fit together - something that is much harder on a traditional
distro, since even when you can view the source, it's not always clear
how it all fits together.  In Guix, it's clear.

Thank you, Pierre and Danny!

--
Chris