guix-devel

Re: SELinux log

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: SELinux log
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 20:52:30 +0200

Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> writes:

>> What is the file name of “guix” when running in permissive mode?  We
>> need to know this to adjust the policy.
>>
> After running `which guix` I get:
> /usr/local/bin/guix
> I tried to add another label for it but it didn't work. I was going to ask
> you for a good tutorial for writing the policies but I have just found
> https://github.com/SELinuxProject/cil/wiki, I will read it the next days :)
>
> I am attaching the diff file.

Thanks!  (Please use “diff -u” in the future; it’s clearer when you’re
used to git diffs.)

I see this:

<   (filecon "@storedir@/.../bin/guix"
<            file (system_u object_r guix_client_exec_t (low low)))

And that’s not right because "@storedir@/.../bin/guix" is not a correct
file name pattern.  That’s why I wrote that these names need to be
checked and can’t be used as is.

Is /usr/local/bin/guix a link?  What about what “guix pull” installs?
These will be used by people, so our policy needs to cover them.

--
Ricardo