guix-devel

Re: New videos: topic daily use.

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: New videos: topic daily use.
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 00:13:34 +0100

On 2019-02-08 18:43, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
Björn Höfling <address@hidden> writes:

> I was thinking of daily use of guix package, mentioning profile,
> generations (both the concepts and commands to deal with them)

Sounds good.  “--install”, “--roll-back”, and maybe even “--manifest”
for stateless installations would be good topics to cover.

Is "--manifest" really "daily use" for a Guix newbie? I would disagree
and first stick to the "--install" --"remove "--rollback"
"--list-generations" mode.

You’re probably right. I keep recommending the use of manifests here at
work, but I suppose this could be explained in another video (with a
focus on reproducibility maybe).

I am also looking for a video about manifests.

--
Amirouche ~ amz3 ~ http://www.hyperdev.fr