guix-devel

Re: New videos: topic daily use.

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: New videos: topic daily use.
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 23:17:21 +0100

Hi Laura,

> My next video will be about daily using of Guix.

Neat!

> I was thinking of daily use of guix package, mentioning profile,
> generations (both the concepts and commands to deal with them)

Sounds good.  “--install”, “--roll-back”, and maybe even “--manifest”
for stateless installations would be good topics to cover.

> but
> also about guix pull and guix gc.
> The videos should be about 3 min length (+/-) 1.
> Do you think that they should be included in the same video or split
> them in two?

I think “guix pull” deserves its own video, because it can be combined
with channels.

Same with “guix gc”, because it has a bunch of features other than
garbage collection.

--
Ricardo