guix-devel

Re: Roadmap for Guix 1.0

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: Roadmap for Guix 1.0
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 18:05:50 +0200

Le lun. 20 août 2018 à 09:45, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> a écrit :

Amirouche Boubekki <address@hidden> writes:

>> I’ve pushed to guix/maintenance.git a list of things that IMO we should
>> do or might want to do for 1.0, with the understanding that 1.0 should
>> happen in 2018 (or early 2019 at the latest!).  :-)
>>
>>   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/doc/1.0.org
>>

> I see no mention of containers. What is the status and goal about that
> subject?

What feature regarding containers would you like to know more about?

Thanks for your reply. I use containers (via LXC) as lightweight Virtual Machines
as such I can emulate my use of LXC with guix already using a VM.

The difference I see between guix containers and LXC is that in LXC the container
has its own network device and an IP. What I usually do with LXC:

a) start the lxc container
b) ssh into it and

proceed as if I was in a Xen Virtuam Machine.

Have nice day!

“guix environment”, for example, supports isolation through container