Re: New logo and website design proposal

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: New logo and website design proposal
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:09:26 -0400

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Luis Felipe López Acevedo
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 2015-09-16 03:19, Alex Sassmannshausen wrote:
>>
>> Beautiful!
>>
>> Like Chris, I love the demographically agnostic, yet incredibly inviting
>> drawings.  I also love the overall crisp and modern feel to the whole
>> site including the proposed new logos.
>>
>> Fantastic :-)
>>
>> Alex
>>

> Great! Thank you for the feedback, Alex.
>
> I also read on IRC that someone said the drawings were childish. I
> understand. But I hope that the "Applications using guile" section will
> erase any wrong impressions that some people may get after seeing the
> illustrations.

I'd classify the drawings as "cute", which I think is just fine!  The
important thing is that the illustrations clearly demonstrate an idea,
and I think they do.  I think the little robot going into a bigger
robot is a good visualization of extension.

Really great stuff.  I'm not in love with the proposed logo, but
overall this is fantastic and I'm very excited for Guile to have such
a clean and informative home page.

Thanks!

- Dave