Re: soc mentor?

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: soc mentor?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 13:52:27 +0200

Hi Diogo,

On Mon 18 Apr 2011 15:44, "Diogo F. S. Ramos" <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> We need to shake up those students.  But if we were to get more slots
>> -- totally unknown at this point, btw -- we would need more mentors,
>> and more projects.  For example Diogo might be interested in
>> guile-gnome stuff, and perhaps Paul or Kentarô might be interested in
>> something else as well.
>>
>> Basically the deadline for project applications has passed, but students
>> can still modify their proposals, so actually they can change to totally
>> different proposals.
>
> Just to remember, the deadline for the proposal review is 22/04, but I
> believe it's still possible to change things around if it's the desire
> of the project.
>
> I can only speak for myself, but I would say that any of the applicants
> would be happy to work things to have the best outcome possible.

It seems that GNU is only getting 10 slots or so this year, with more
than 10 projects and some 50 applications, so Guile will be lucky if it
gets one slot.  It is quite difficult, as we did get four good
proposals, yours included; but the thing isn't settled yet, so we'll
have to wait for Monday to announce the results in the end.  I'm just
catching up with things now; was on holiday earlier in the week.

Regards,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/