Re: low-hanging SRFI fruit (SRFI-98)

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: low-hanging SRFI fruit (SRFI-98)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 22:23:38 +0100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it just that I'm misunderstanding what cgit shows?

Yes, it seems that this is just what cgit chooses to do.  From
http://hjemli.net/git/cgit/commit/?id=8a3685bcf2612206fc24a2421acb53dd83aeab85:

"The diffstat is calculated against the leftmost parent of the
commit. This gives nice information for "normal" merges while octopus
merges are less than optimal, so the diffstat isn't calculated for
those merges."

This seems obviously less useful to me than what gitweb does - which
is primarily to show the conflicts, but also make the complete parent
diffs available just a click away.  So it's either a reason to prefer
gitweb, or just something that one has to be aware of with cgit.

Anyway, I'm happy enough to leave master as is now.  I'll delete
`njmaster'.

Regards,
        Neil