Re: low-hanging SRFI fruit (SRFI-98)

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: low-hanging SRFI fruit (SRFI-98)
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 23:58:52 +0100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, I'm about to try sorting this out, which will change the last 2
> commits of the master branch.  Please hold off doing any pulling or
> pushing until I've done that and everything looks OK again.

OK, I reconstructed what I think master should be (as of right now,
including Andy's commits this evening), and tried to `git push
--force' that, but it was rejected by the server:

address@hidden:~/SW/Guile/git$ git push --force
Counting objects: 103, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (74/74), done.
Writing objects: 100% (76/76), 16.88 KiB, done.
Total 76 (delta 58), reused 4 (delta 2)
error: denying non-fast forward refs/heads/master (you should pull first)
To ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/guile.git
 ! [remote rejected] master -> master (non-fast forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/guile.git'

So to show my reconstruction, I pushed it as a new `njmaster' branch
instead.

I guess that the rejection above is caused either either by the repo's
denynonfastforward config being TRUE, or by a hook (such as the one
that sends changes to guile-commits) failing to handle the push.

I think it is worth sorting this out, so I'll ask the Savannah hackers
about doing whatever is needed so that the push can succeed.

(In the meantime, please feel free to add to either master or
njmaster.)

Regards,
        Neil