Re: low-hanging SRFI fruit (SRFI-98)

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: low-hanging SRFI fruit (SRFI-98)
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 21:20:44 +0200

Hi Neil,

On Thu 04 Jun 2009 00:08, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Julian Graham <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi Ludovic,

>>> But surely the "owner" of the Savannah repository can remove an
>>> offending commit from the history, no?
>>
>> I thought so, yes.  But I hesitate to contradict Ludo...
>>
>> Don't worry too much, this looks to me like something we can fix.
>> I'll have time to investigate further later this evening, if no one
>> gets there before me.
>
> OK, I'm about to try sorting this out, which will change the last 2
> commits of the master branch.  Please hold off doing any pulling or
> pushing until I've done that and everything looks OK again.

You should be able to remove the ref entirely with "git push :master"
then "git push master" -- as least the last time I mucked with these
things that's how it worked.

BUT... I wouldn't bother, really. In the meantime I committed a few
things to `master' this morning, so we'd need to rebase anew. The merge
commit has no practical implications, and indeed will happen from time
to time with distributed development. And now if we fudge the history,
it could be that people's git pull invocations stop running, like your
snapshot did.

So while if you really want to do this, we can, but my advice would be
to let the tangle drop off into history ;-)

Cheers,

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/