Re: dynamic argv0 relocation

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: dynamic argv0 relocation
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:38:27 +0200

Kevin Ryde writes:

> No offence, but it sounds very dubious to me

That's why I added the configure option and compile switch.  You do
not want this enabled for well behaved systems.  Could you live with
that?

> These things are meant to be settled at the "make all" build stage.

I know, but when installing on Microsoft Windows, or in a user account
using autopackage on Linux, the install prefix is determined at
install time.

> (The gnu standards have bits about that.)

(I really like the gnu standards, but when these where written, was
build time not virtually the same as install time?)

Btw, what bit are you referring to?

> Incidentally, for a normal svr4 system won't you still need
> libguile.so in a location known to the loader?  It won't be able to
> find it for the main guile executable otherwise.

Yes, if something like this goes in, we should add that.  I only used
this for LilyPond's native Windows port, where wrappers are not really
an option.

Jan.