Re: pre-inst-guile

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: pre-inst-guile
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:48:29 -0800

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 20:33:17 -0600

   Hard to say, but sometimes it's defintely convenient to be able to
   test things (while you're hacking) without having to make install
   every time.

you don't need to do "make install" to use pre-inst-guile (hence its
name and existence!)...

   Though I suppose in some cases, I'd actually like to migrate in the
   direction of more often writing "make check" tests for the features
   before I code them.  Depends on what I'm doing :>

yeah, tests that behave differently (in expected ways) before/after code
changes are good tests.  some version control philosophies don't allow
checkins w/o the associated test, but i can't see that happening for
guile anytime soon.

thi