Re: pre-inst-guile

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: pre-inst-guile
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 18:07:00 -0800

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:18:10 -0600

   I was playing around with the new script(s) and wanted to run guile
   from the build dir, but just running pre-inst-guile didn't work

     0 0007 address@hidden:~/dev/guile/core-1.5
     $ ./pre-inst-guile
     ./pre-inst-guile: could not determine top_builddir

   I poked around the code and it looked like I needed to set up some
   vars.  What's the right way to invoke it (is there an RTFM?)

see devel/build/pre-inst-guile.text (HEAD branch only).

   Also, I was wondering if you had considered just writing it as a .in
   file and letting configure (or a Makefile) automatically substitute
   the right values for top_srcdir and top_builddir?

yeah, i considered this approach but decided against it in the end
explicitly to discourage casual "drop-in replacement" usage.  perhaps
that decision was overly defensive.

[guile-devel cc'ed.]

thi