Re: Does guile have serious win32 ambition?

From: stefan
Subject: Re: Does guile have serious win32 ambition?
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 21:06:30 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Rob Browning wrote:

> > cool thanks, i have started to look at this.  although i think there
> > might be some policy issues (what to include in the API), i'm sure the
> > macrology seems sound.  one style issue i'd like to bring up early: the
> > cpp macro __SCM_IMPORT__ and friends should probably be replaced w/
> > something like HAVE_SCM_API, HAVE_SCM_REGEX_API, since there is
> > machinery for this style already.
>
> Right, and also because (correct me if I'm wrong), C reserves any
> symbols starting with an underscore...

Well, if this is, I agree changing:

__SCM_IMPORT__ -> SCM_IMPORT
__SCM_EXPORT__ -> SCM_EXPORT
__SCM_RL_IMPORT__ -> SCM_RL_IMPORT
__SCM_RL_EXPORT__ -> SCM_RL_EXPORT
__SCM_SRFI1314_IMPORT__ -> SCM_SRFI1314_IMPORT
__SCM_SRFI1314_EXPORT__ -> SCM_SRFI1314_EXPORT

The defines __REGEX_IMPORT__, __CRYPT_IMPORT__ and __READLINE_IMPORT__ are
definitions of the referring MinGW packackes and cannot be changed
currently.

Cheers,
        address@hidden