Re: Does guile have serious win32 ambition?

From: stefan
Subject: Re: Does guile have serious win32 ambition?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:20:13 +0200 (CEST)

address@hidden wrote:

> I'm not all too familiar with the guile sources yet, but it seems to me
> that this is mostly typing stuff in and making sure the builds don't
> break. Given enough typing capacity the time to do this can be made very
> short to have the basics in there without disturbing anything else
> right?

Yes. I would be willingly to apply all changes with the `SCM_API'
things. It would not break any build on other machines and operating
systems and would enable MinGW gcc and M$VC to build shared (DLL) objects.
The only thing which would break is the appearance of the header files.

I could verify a complete shared build on Windows and send the patch to
one of the maintainers. That is the best offer I can do. But I am also
keen on the considerations of the development staff.

Cheers,
        address@hidden