Re: release push

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: release push
Date: 24 Jul 2001 19:48:00 +0100

    Martin> Hello mailing-lispers, I had another look at TODO to get
    Martin> some work done (yes, you're guessing right, I'd like to
    Martin> see the release...)

I have no objections to anything except

! The next stable release will be version 1.8.0.

In fact the next stable release will probably be 1.6.1, 1.6.2 etc.  So
perhaps we should say something like:

------->8-----------
This release is version 1.6.0.  Any bugs found will be addressed by
further bugfix releases numbered 1.6.1, 1.6.2, and so on.  The next
stable Guile release with significant functional improvements will be
version 1.8.0.

In between 1.6.x and 1.8.x, you can follow Guile development in
CVS and in the Guile mailing lists (see ANON-CVS and HACKING).
Guile builds from the development branch of CVS will have version
number 1.7.0.

Or should that just be "1.7"?  (When would the micro number ever
change during CVS development?)

        Neil