Re: guile-vm 0.4

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: guile-vm 0.4
Date: 12 Apr 2001 21:19:59 +0300

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Something like that sounds better to me, but you could just break it
> up functionally:
>
>   (vm-compile "foo.scm") -> compiles foo.scm, writing foo.go
>   (vm-load "foo.go") -> loads byte compiled file
>   (vm-compile/load "foo.scm") -> compiles, then loads.

might as well not invent a new API and define it like this (CL-style):

(compile-file "foo.scm") -> compiles foo.scm, writing foo.go
(load "foo") -> loads foo.go if that exists and is not older than
                foo.scm, else loads foo.scm and maybe gives a warning.
(require 'foo) -> ditto.

--
The PROPER way to handle HTML postings is to cancel the article, then
hire a hitman to kill the poster, his wife and kids, and fuck his dog