Re: guile-vm 0.4

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: guile-vm 0.4
Date: 12 Apr 2001 21:50:46 -0500

Keisuke Nishida <address@hidden> writes:

> Have you seen any performance improvement so far?  The current VM is
> not optimal at all, so I suspect it is no faster than the current
> evaluator in general cases.  I'll work on optimization once I've
> eliminated fatal bugs.

Haven't gotten quite enough code byte compiled and working right (in
the areas I've been timing) to be able to compare yet, but I'll let
you know as soon as I do.

I'll be able to compare against both the interpreter and hobbit,
though the latter didn't help nearly as much as you might expect.  I
haven't figured out exactly why, but I'm going to investigate further
when I have a profiler.