Re: Some thoughts about documentation

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Some thoughts about documentation
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:59:50 +0200 (MET DST)

> From: Ariel Rios <address@hidden>
> Date: 11 Apr 2001 16:50:03 -0400
>
> I was reading the GRM (Gule reference manual) and have some ideas and
> thoughts:
>
> *  8.11 Structures => Weren;t strcutures supposed to be gone
> when the goops merge was done?

That was the original plan IIRC.  But I don't think anyone has worked
on this yet.

> *30. Tcl/Tk Interface => Why does this chapter is still around?
> Isn't it better to remove it or replace it witch a gnome-guile one?

I think we should do that.  Unless, of course, someone has silently
resurrected the old Tk bindings and wants to release them soon.  And
submit documentation.

> And in some chapters refering to POSIX, sockets, mutex, etc
> can we include some code examples? Sometimes it is a good
> idea to include some easy to undertsnd code. I have some
> small scripts we can use.

Examples are a good way for preventing the manual to be too dry.  Just
post your examples and we'll see if they fit in.  Personally, I would
really like to include them.

Regards,
  'martin